Re: debian oriented laptot suggestions

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I now have ATI and sound working but not wireless and I'm not the only
> one. I've installed firmware-iwlwifi, which is supposed to work. After

It took a while for ipw2200 to work right, I don't think iwlwifi is there
yet (unless you're using 2.6.23-rc or something like that).  You could try
using the most up-to-date version possible of iwlwifi and mac80211
backported for whatever kernel version you are using.  Get it from
http://intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi

I had to keep up with the development versions of ipw2200 for a while before
it was good enough that I'd care to update only to whatever made it to Linux
mainline.

  Henrique Holschuh