Re: need deb package help

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 03:37:50AM -0000, PhxVyper wrote:

> What I need to know is how do I take a deb package libapache2-mod-php5
> that I have installed and get it to work with php5-mcrypt?  The PHP
> site says that PHP has to be installed with the --with-mcrypt in order
> to get it to work, but if that is the case, why would there be a
> separate php5-mcrypt package that can be installed?

Upstream (the PHP site) always talks about compiling stuff, because this
is the only way that should work on any platform. If you want to do it
The Debian Way (tm) (which I strongly recommend) then you probably need
to do some configuration change. Debian specific stuff can always be
found in /usr/share/doc/<packagename/README.Debian

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)