Re: need deb package help

> try "apt-cache search php mcrypt"

Hi,

All this does is show me what I already know - that php5-mcrypt is
installed (which I did yesterday).

What I need to know is how do I take a deb package libapache2-mod-php5
that I have installed and get it to work with php5-mcrypt?  The PHP
site says that PHP has to be installed with the --with-mcrypt in order
to get it to work, but if that is the case, why would there be a
separate php5-mcrypt package that can be installed?

% apt-cache search php mcrypt
libgringotts2 - encapsulate data in an encrypted and compressed file
php5-mcrypt - MCrypt module for php5