etc/X11/xorg.conf format change?

I recently reinstalled Debian Lenny and have just realized that my
new /etc/X11/xorg.conf has some substantial differences from the version
I had previously.  (I was also using Lenny previously, upgraded from
Etch rather than installed from scratch.)  Gone are the "Files" and
"Modules" sections.  Yet, at least so far, everything seems to be
working fine.  The log indicates that numerous modules are loaded and
contains a line:

        (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"

I don't have any logs from my previous install to compare, but I did
save the old xorg.conf.

I guess, as long as there are no problems going forward, it's nothing to
worry about.  I just thought I would've seen some discussion about a
change like that -- big chunks of the file going away -- since
historically configuring XFree86/Xorg has often given users headaches
and there has always been a lot of discussion about the conf file.  When
did this happen?

And funnily enough, this is the first time any Linux install has
configured the correct optimal resolution & refresh rate for this
machine & monitor from the get-go.  Previously I have had always to edit
the conf file to add it in.

--
Michael M.