Re: LEDs, gnome-power-manager, and ThinkPads

Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> writes:

> I gave up on the "one size fits all" power management utilities for my
> T23 and went back to my scripts.  I did learn enough that I retained
> the uswsusp package and use its s2disk utility.  I also use powernowd
> and KDE's battery monitor.
>
> My script is 100% reliable suspending to RAM while the various other
> utilities were not.  I do think that the T23 is old enough that it
> doesn't support ACPI all that well even with BIOS updates.  So my
> manual scripts work well with it.

Thanks for the feedback. Under APM, I had custom scripts as well (see
http://www.newt.com/debian/thinkpad-t40p/), but I find that now under
ACPI I'm really close to not having to maintain that stuff myself.

Maybe I should submit feature request to the hal package...