Re: LEDs, gnome-power-manager, and ThinkPads

Bill Wohler <wohler@olgas.newt.com> wrote:

> I'd like to turn the light to the CD-ROM off when I suspend and then
> back on when I resume. This can be done by calling "echo 4 on >|
> /proc/acpi/ibm/led" and "echo 4 off >| /proc/acpi/ibm/led". Can these
> commands be run by gnome-power-manager when suspending and waking up?

I discovered /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux.
I can either hack that directly (yuck); however, I see I can also
resurrect my old /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script.

But the way it's set up, if I provide /etc/acpi/sleep.sh, I also have to
know how my system is suspended, which isn't user-friendly. I think it
would be nice to provide pre- and post-suspend hooks instead. Thoughts?