[OT] Shibboleths [WAS] Re: Thinking about devoting a serious part of my life to linux...

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:34:30 -0500

> On 09/04/07 16:15, Kent West wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> Blatant disregard of reality is a bright, shiny shibboleth that you
> >> are a student.
> >
> > Don't believe I've ever heard the term used that way before. I rather
> > like it. But I suspect few today would know the etymology.
> >
> > But just doing a google, I find it's not an uncommon use of the word.
> > Bummer; that just means I'm less literate than I thought.
>
> Fear not: I just today picked up that usage.

Come on, Ron, that's the original, Biblical sense [0].  And we know you
had a good religious education, as you've mentioned on the list ...

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shibboleth#Origin

> Ron Johnson, Jr.

Celejar