Re: log file size limit or file size limit

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, ann kok wrote:

Hi all

When starting the radius, the error is showing "the
file size is exceeding"

the radius log is 2G
After removing, radius can start again

1/ ls the limitation in debian or in freeradius
program?
if it is in debian, can I increase the file size
limit?
I am using debian "Linux radius 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Wed
Aug 17 09:33:35 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux"

2/ how can I avoid it but we still keep the log file?

thank you

It depends on what file system you are using, but I would guesss that it's probably a file size limit in radius that is causing this. In order to keep this under control, I would use the logrotate to rotate the radius logs either on a set time interval or on a size based rule.

Jeff

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.