Re: Thinking about devoting a serious part of my life to linux...

Kent West wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Blatant disregard of reality is a bright, shiny shibboleth that you
are a student.

Don't believe I've ever heard the term used that way before. I rather like it. But I suspect few today would know the etymology.

But just doing a google, I find it's not an uncommon use of the word. Bummer; that just means I'm less literate than I thought.

the word had an important place in a "West Wing" episode a few years ago - otherwise, I'd still think of it just as a single sign-on system :-)

Miles