Re: can't play Flash anymore

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:40:49 -0400, sfreilly@roadrunner.com replied:

> does it work in firefox?
>
> and have you tried the below or using automatix?  sorry, dont have a
> direct answer, dont use x alot on etch.
>
> debian:/# apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

This is all in iceweasel.  I have not tried the install you suggested.  It
appears that flashplugin-nonfree is version 9.0.31.0.1, which is older than
flashplayer-mozilla (9.0.48.0-0.2).  I did try the latest version at the
Adobe download site (9.0.48.0), but that didn't help.

I just noticed something interesting.  If I go to

  http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download

under Windows, I see that they are offering version 10.2.0.023.  If I go from
Linux, they have 9.0.48.0.  I think v10 has been around for a few months, but
the problem is less than a month old.  But it may be that the sites I can't
bring up have moved to a format that v9 can't play.  On the other hand, I'm
not hearing that other Etch users are having problems (at youtube, for
example).