Re: aptitude dist-upgrade and tex dependencies

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 08:38:13PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   I don't know how the TeX team are managing their transition offhand.
> A start would be to figure out which packages are forcing the upgrade of
> tetex-extra -- you could find this out by, e.g., going into the
> interactive interface, holding tetex-extra back after the upgrade
> (manually), and then seeing what breaks.

Or just go to the interactive mode, go to tetex-extra, and look at what
depends on it.  Select those in turn and see if they depend on only
tetex-extra or if they will also select texlive.  Eventually, you'll
find out exactly what is specific to tetex-extra and you can find
replacments.  E.g. instead of latex2html look at tex4ht.

Doug.