Re: Any way to stop dist-upgrade from upgrading tetex to texlive

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 11:44:28PM +0000, - Tong - <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
> Is there any way to stop dist-upgrade from upgrading tetex to texlive?

  Holding the various tetex packages (tetex-bin, tetex-common,
tetex-extra, tetex-doc) "should" work -- but I wouldn't be surprised
if they get dragged in by dependencies anyway.  aptitude holds don't
prevent versioned dependencies from forcing an upgrade, unfortunately.
(and TBH, I hardly ever use holds these days, so they may be even more
 buggy than I think)

  Personally, I would just bite the bullet and do the upgrade -- tetex
is going away and you'll have to switch over eventually anyway.  Is there
a particular difficulty you're running into with the upgrade?

  Daniel