what is /command directory?

I just noticed with a sinking feeling that my root partition is 96% full.
I do wish I hadn't let the installer use LVM and choose its own sizes.
Now I am stuck trying to work round its choices.  I also notice a number
of directories I've never heard of before under root:
   command, package, service

'service' contains a symlink to /etc/tinydns, left over from an attempt
to install tinydns, I assume.  Is it likely the others also belong to
tinydns, because if so I can delete them as it didn't run anyway.

TIA
--
richard