Re: Networking problem (SOLVED)

>>What is your Wi-Fi chip? Maybe you don't have the
>>driver module
>>installed for the newer kernel version.
>
>Its an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. From my dmesg in
>the 2.6.18-4 kernel:
>
>---
>ipw3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Network
Connection
>driver for Linux, 1.1.2dmpr
>ipw3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation
>---
>
>But i didnt get any message about this driver being
>out of date.

Im sorry, i looked closely at the packages and i see
now that theres a new version of the driver package to
go with the new kernel. I would have expected that
there would be some kind of automatic update, or some
way of letting me know that when i upgraded the kernel
i needed to upgrade the driver package as well.

Anyway i just installed the new version of the driver,
that goes with the -5 kernel, and its working fine.

Thank you for putting up with this newbie!

Jen