Re: cannot logoff/shutdown properly

And my 2 (problem) cents here... I have debian lenny on my laptop with
KDE and since I installed it, there were two problems: It could not log
off everytime (right click and log-out sometimes was ignored, even if I
did it a hundred times), and second, acpi could not switch the laptop
off: the last messages on the screen were (something like):
unmounting local filesystems
shutdown
acpi power off called

and there it stayed. So, the first problem has not reappeared during the
last two months (a upgrade resolved it probably), as for the second, I
discovered that unloading the sound (??) modules before shutdown, lets
the laptop switch off...

modprobe -r snd-hda-intel
modprobe -r snd-hda-codec

Anyway...