Re: Google checking my system?

On 08/20/2007 10:18 AM, KS wrote:
Mumia W.. wrote:
This feature is called "safebrowsing," and turning it off is as easy as
changing this option:

Edit-> Preferences-> Security-> Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a
suspected forgery.

But there are two choices there. The first one checks for phishing from
a downloaded list of websites, while the second one asks Google for each
site one visits. For me the first choice is enabled by default and the
second choice does give a warning dialog before accepting the TOS.

I would assume that Iceweasel does not check with google for phishing
with the first choice.

Why would you assume that?

Is that correct? Where does the downloaded list
of websites come from and how often is it updated?

/KS

I don't use Iceweasel often, but I do remember it downloading from Google.