Google checking my system?

I have noticed recently, while watching iptraf, that I am getting
connections from various google addresses. ie bu-in-f93.google.com
currently.  Tha amount of traffic varies but sometimes really slows
down any Debian upgrades that are running on other boxes.  If I was on
broadband I wouldn't have noticed these connections.

This happen on 4 different network boxen, while they have
iceweasel running, and sitting on our networks local homepage.

As the connections were not initiated by any of the boxen, iptables
_should_ be blocking them, so I am wondering if Google has, somehow,
got around the firewall (firehol) rules.

Has anyone else (broadband/dialup) noticed any connection from
addresses like the above?

Wayne

--
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.