Re: my usb is not mounted for the user

abdelkader belahcene wrote:
Hi,
my usb pen is partitionned on 3 ,
it is automatically mounted,
but the vfat partitions ( see below disk-1 and 2 ) are mounted for me
( bela), but the l can't write as bela in the linux partition
(usbdisk) ?
how to transform it ?

drwxr-xr-x 4 1000 root 1024 Aug 18 12:43 usbdisk
drwx------ 8 bela bela  512 Jan  1  1970 usbdisk-1
drwx------ 2 bela bela  512 Jan  1  1970 usbdisk-2

thanks for help
bela

The "usbdisk" partition needs to be treated just like you would any other Linux partition. To get something you can write to, after mounting it, you need to create a directory in it, as root, and change the ownership of that directory to you. You can then write to that subdirectory.

I don't know of any way to get any "standard" Linux FS type to mount directly as the user, as none of them appear to support the uid= or gid= options.

--
Bob McGowan