Problems installing Debian 4.0

Hello,

I am trying to install a Debian from a 4.0r0 netinst CD-Image. The
installation fails reproducibly, however.

I believe that this is due to the package file_4.17-etch2 being
present on both the regular distribution server and the security
server - but with different checksums!

Please compare the entries for the packages "file" and "libmagic1" in

ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/etch/updates/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

and

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

Am I missing something or is there really a misconfiguration in the
current Debian archive?

Cheers,
        Alex