Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 09:12:52PM +0200, Manon Metten wrote:

> But I have a second question: Is there a programmable text editor
> available (with a nice GUI - not something like emacs where I have to
> remember all those ctrl+shift+left-alt+m commands) that I can
> completely control from within a Python script?

Hi Manon,

I've never needed an editor widget (I've only written one non-curses
app).  What does the python IDLE use since it is written in python.
wxPython probably has an editor widget that will work.  My Python bible
lists wxEditor and wxPyEditor, and more featured still is
wxStyledTextCtrl.  If you like KDE, you could look at the python-qt
widget set.

However, I don't understand the concept of compeletly controlling and
editor from a script.  Vim (and perhaps gVim) can probably do it but I
don't know.  I use vim so that I don't have to use emacs (poor memory
from learning disability) but I don't do scripts.

Doug.