Old updates appearing out of the blue

Hello all,

I ran apt-get update/upgrade this afternoon and number of updated packages
showed up:

  debian-archive-keyring desktop-base epiphany-browser initramfs-tools
  libc6 libc6-dev libc6-i686 libgadu3 libneon26 liborbit2 librsvg2-2 ...

Having been pretty diligent about updating both my desktop and my laptop
every 2-3 days, I was surprised to see so many updates on both, so I
checked the package files on the Debian mirrors. I noticed that some of
them had been out for months, but have only just now shown up as available
upgrades for me. I haven't changed my apt sources (see below) for a long
time and neither have I "kept anything back" that I know of.

Does anyone have any clues on why this might have happened?

Regards,

Simos

---

deb file:/data/debian/dvd1/ etch main contrib
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free