Re: Confused about kernel source location

El Mar, 14 de Agosto de 2007, 8:29 pm, Frank McCormick escribió:

>> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:28:41 -0400
>> Jose Luis Rivas Contreras <ghostbar38@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Well, I always store there all the sources related with my kernel,
>> > modules, etc... I haven't get any problem... BTW, remember doing the
>> > symlink to /usr/src/linux from your kernel-source.
>>
>>    Well then why the warning from the Kernel developers? And what's
>> this about symlinking? Symlinking what to what ?
>

>    Anybody? Where do people dump their kernel source anyway???

Well, the first person that says that the kernel sources
must NOT be in /usr/src was Linus, but I think that this only
affects things at 'build' time (like build the base system
for a distribution)  so it's the same put in /kernelsource
or /usr/src since the build symlink in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)
points to the 'original' source code where the kernel was
compiled.

My kernels sources are in /kernelsource
and I don't have any problems.

Saludos.