Re: less, exit but left content on screen

> I can sympathize with the OP, it's nice to get to the part of the man
> page you want, then just dump out of less and have the relevant bit
> still on the screen.
>
> A way to do this without opening a second xterm is to run screen in
> your terminal session.  Then it is even easier to flip back and forth,
> copy'n'paste, etc..  Also, it still works if you are on a console, an
> ssh session, or even a serial terminal...
>
> pedxing

You can always set your PAGER to more.  More will drop you out and leave
the relevant portion of the man page on the screen.

setenv PAGER more

I couldn't find an option to less that would do this.  But if you do,
then setenv LESS "-option" will work too.

Obviously you could set a special alias to do this those few times you
need it.