Re: less, exit but left content on screen

On Aug 12, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 10:40:11PM +0200, Bob Proulx wrote:
Using the standard xterm the control-middle mouse button will display
many options of which one is "Show Alternate Screen".  It is possible
to flip back and forth (inconveniently) to see this manually switch to
the alternate screen buffer.

...what would you regard as a convenient way to flip back/forth?

I think what he's getting at is you can't see both at once. This is annoying, e.g., if I'm reading a manpage and want to refer to an example while I type a new command.

My workaround is usually to open a second xterm to read manpages in.