Re: less, exit but left content on screen

On 08/14/2007 02:37 AM, pedxing wrote:

> I can sympathize with the OP, it's nice to get to the part of the man
> page you want, then just dump out of less and have the relevant bit
> still on the screen.

On my etch box, that is the default behavior for aterm; exiting less
just returns the bash prompt to the last screen line.  Of course you can
scroll up and read previous output as well.

aterm is also a very nice replacement to xterm because it uses so little
memory.  (The 3 aterm windows I have up right now show RSS of 2404,
2448, and 2464 in output from ps aux.)

Check it out.

Regards,
Ralph