Re: Font Smoothing in Xterm

Amit Uttamchandani:

> Anyways, font smoothing has been working quite well on this laptop screen except
> for xterm. I finally figured out how to change the font in xterm to bitstream
> vera sans mono but the fonts in xterm look jagged and terrible in this screen.

Put

Xft.antialias: 1
Xft.dpi: 93
Xft.hinting: 1
Xft.hintstyle: hintfull
Xft.rgba: rgb

in your ~/.Xresources and make sure that it is read on every login by
doing sth. like 'xrdb < ~/.Xresources'. How to do that depends on your
desktop environment.

The dpi most probably needs to be adjusted.

J.
--
I spend money without thinking on products and clothes that I believe
will enhance my social standing.