Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

On Aug 11, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
Concerning python,
one still has 5 different versions (python2.1, python2.2, python2.3,
python2.4, python2.5) in currently supported Debian versions!

Yeah, and old GCC versions have to be kept around, too, for similar reasons. It's annoying but not impossible to deal with. I admit I was a bit startled when Python apparently changed module formats between two *minor* release numbers, though.