Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2007-08-11 11:34:48 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>>     Really?  Tell that to the Perl 4 programmers.

> Perl 4 is obsolete and no longer used, and has complete disappeared
> from Debian a long time ago.

    I'm not the one who used "Never".

> Concerning python,
> one still has 5 different versions (python2.1, python2.2, python2.3,
> python2.4, python2.5) in currently supported Debian versions!

    And yet my main reference book is for version 1.5.2 without problems.  The
only difference is that when I finally got around to using the documents that
came with the distribution (ahhh, 2 monitors, finally) I learned a lot of new
ways to do things.