Re: Reboot loses LAN connection

On 14:45 Sat 11 Aug     , Kent West wrote:
> John K Masters wrote:
>> Strange behaviour on my laptop. Not sure if it's hardware or OS. Running
>> unstable and apart from a couple of problems (solved) all has been well
>> until about 4 days ago. Since then if I reboot or shutdown  and do not
>> disconnect the power, either by switching off at the mains or physically
>> disconnecting the plug, the laptop loses it's LAN connection.
>>

> Are you using DHCP or static addressing?
>

> What does "ifconfig" say ..
>
>    before the reboot when the LAN's working
>
>    after a reboot
>
>    after a reboot and un-power

It's a hardware problem! Just tried rebooting again and it was OK this
time. That's about 10 fails before one success. Seems odd though that
without moving anything, if I switch off at the wall socket and then
switch on again, the LAN kicks back in. Intermittent problems are the
worst.

Looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies.

Regards, John
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)