Re: newbie here - system administration question

s. keeling wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>:
 Where except on the local machine can I find Debian man pages?
 http://manpages.debian.net/
 is not very informative I'm afraid...

FWIW, I've always considered a *nix box which doesn't have manpages
installed, a clumsily installed *nix box.

So do I, always have them installed, even in this case. However, when I can and especially when working with new stuff, I try to use a good web interface if available in parallel to terminal sessions.

And, if the online manpages does not work, why link to them?

Just my $0.02.