Re: what brings up the wireless network interface

Chris Lale wrote:

> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>> Using Debian stable (Etch), 2.6.18-4-686 kernel on Debian Dell Inspiron
>> e1505. The wireless card (from lshw output is)
>>
> [...]
>>
>> But I dont know how to prevent the automatic configuring of this wireless
>> device. I do not want to remove dhclient since it is essential when I do
>> want to bring up eth2.
>>

> Have a look at section 8 of the NewbieDOC article - configure the network
> card interface using the command line [1]. Comment out your non-wireless
> card in /etc/network/interfaces to prevent it from coming up. Make sure
> that you have installed the wireless-tools package.

I mentioned this in my original post. I will say it agin. Even after the
stanza specific to wireless card is commented out, and even after doing

sudo ifconfig eth2 down

the wireless card (eth2) keeps coming up.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/