Re: what brings up the wireless network interface

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Using Debian stable (Etch), 2.6.18-4-686 kernel on Debian Dell Inspiron
> e1505. The wireless card (from lshw output is)

[...]
> But I dont know how to prevent the automatic configuring of this wireless
> device. I do not want to remove dhclient since it is essential when I do
> want to bring up eth2.

Have a look at section 8 of the NewbieDOC article - configure the network card
interface using the command line [1]. Comment out your non-wireless card in
/etc/network/interfaces to prevent it from coming up. Make sure that you have
installed the wireless-tools package.

[1]
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_wireless_network_card_using_drivers_from_Debian_packages#Configure_the_network_card_interface_using_the_command_line
--