Re: what brings up the wireless network interface

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> I mentioned this in my original post. I will say it agin. Even after the
> stanza specific to wireless card is commented out, and even after doing
>
> sudo ifconfig eth2 down

Suggestion: Uncomment the eth2 stanza, 'sudo ifdown eth2', comment out
the stanza.  All should be as you desire it to be then.

Alternatively kill all running dhclient processes and clean up the
state files.

> the wireless card (eth2) keeps coming up.

I believe that because ifupdown brought the interface up before you
commented it out that it left dhclient running with the previous
configuration.  Bringing the interface down using ifdown will stop
those daemons and clean up the state files.  Then since the interface
is commented out it shouldn't be brought up again.

Bob