Re: Issues with ethernet in testing/lenny

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:41:35PM -0400, percy tiglao wrote:
> Thanks, I've compiled and installed the new driver and it
> now detects my router. However, whatever else is automatically
> done from the installation CD is not setup (I'm pretty sure the
> issue right now is something to do with host name detection or
> something like that...) I can ping to my router, but I can't ping
> to "google.com" yet.
> I forgot which file (or even what this is called in general). Anyone
> remember the filename I'm supposed to edit?
> Oh, and if there is a list of things that debian installer does
> for the network... that would be nice. Or really, what any installation
> program does to setup the installation.

I think you need to check the following:

#Typical DHCP setup
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

#Simple static
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
	#This is needed for the resolvconf package
	#otherwise use /etc/resolv.conf

deb http://ftp.country-code.debian.org/debian etch main contrib unfree

Hope this helps,
(Albert Einstein)