Re: Issues with ethernet in testing/lenny

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 12:45:18 -0400, percy tiglao wrote:
> > On 8/6/07, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > Hi Percy. As nobody has replied yet, I may as well throw in some stuff.
> > >
> > > If Vista is correct the vendor/device id's for the card should be 8086 10c0.
> > > If you run lspci -v , is the card showing on the list?
> >
> > lspci is not yet installed, I'll be installing that and will post the results
> > of that in my next email. Ditto for the lsmod advice that I snipped out.
>
> Okay, it is definitly showing 8086 10c0, but lspci does not recognize it.
> Here's the line:
>
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev 02)
>
> So it is definitly there, but the driver isn't working...

Most probably the driver is simply too old. Even the 2.6.22 kernel
currently in Sid only has version 7.3.20-k2 of the e1000 module. You
will likely have to compile version 7.6.5, which is available on Intel's
website:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?strState=LIVE&ProductID=983&DwnldID=9180&lang=eng

The first thing that you need is the linux-headers package for your
currently running kernel. Then you can try to follow the instructions
given by Intel (and tell us if things don't work out).

          Florian   |