Re: [OT] Recommended Router Hardware

On 8/6/07, Samuel Bächler <linux@boeser.ch> wrote:

<snip>

> I now got a Linksys WRT54GL to which Eric Reymond refers to in "Linksys
> Blue Box Router HOWTO"[2].
>
> >> Question B:
> >
> > What's FREESCO?
>
> FREESCO is a NAT/firewall router/server based on Linux and runs on a
> single 1.44MB floppy[1].

If you have a WRT54GL, and you want to use custom firmware, you
probably should use one of the disros designed specifically for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54GL#Third-party_firmware_projects

I have never heard of freesco, and it seems to use kernel 2.0.39!
The WRT54GL firmwares use 2.4.x, AFAIK

Cheers,
Kelly