[OT] Recommended Router Hardware

Hi Everyone

I want to improve my home network. I have got a Laptop and an old desktop machine. I want to use the old desktop for server services such as web- and mail-sever.
I am connected to the ISP using a cable modem.

Question A:
Can someone recommend a router with the following properties:
-NAT
-port forwarding

Question B:
Is it possible to install FREESCO on top of a commercial router (hardware, e.g. linksys, netgear etc.)

Question C:
Any recommendations for Guides, HOWTOs about networking.

Question D:
Are there any mailing lists for conceptional discussions about Computers?

Cheers

Sam