Re: dpkg purge problem

Sasho Angelov wrote:
> When I purge other linux-images everything is fine.

Hmm...  It is hard to debug remotely.

If you are at the end of the possibilities then I would simply disable
the prerm and postrm scripts entirely.  This is a serious "force"
action but if you have exhausted your other options then this is
probably the best that is left to you.

Edit this file:

  sudo editor /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-2.6.14-2-k7.postrm

Change the script so that it is simply the following:

  #!/bin/sh
  exit 0

That can't fail and therefore the dpkg --purge should succeed.  I
believe the postinst script is the oen that calls update-grub and
would match your output and so should be the script that was hanging.
If any remnants of that linux kernel are left after being --purged
then you will need to manually find them and remove them since this
bypasses the normal package scripts that do the final cleanup.

Bob