[Semi-solved] Re: Getting Firefox/Iceweasel to open text/pgp files?

Hi, Andrew.

On Aug 01 2007, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:55:58PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > So, in light of this would anybody know how to force Firefox (etc) to
> > open the files instead of trying to launch, say, less for such files?
>
> I'm sure there is a 'proper' way to do this, but the quick hack which
> works right now is to specify /usr/bin/firefox (or iceweasel,
> whatever) as the program to use to open this file (instead of the
> default less).

Yes, how did you do that? I did that by creation of a .mailcap file here
with the inclusion of the proper entry, but I could not do it inside the
browser itself, which is a shame. :-(

> Works here, but forces the download dialog to appear as well (though
> that is a configurable item in edit->preferences. That's not really
> what you're after though, i'd bet.

Yes, that's a semi-solution to the problem, but I could find an
extension to the browser somewhere with Google that makes it open things
with the browser, but as I don't want to have extensions (I want here a
pretty minimal environment), I'm using the mailcap hack. :-(

Thanks, Rogério Brito.