adduser kills sound pt. 3

OK. So I investigated what statoverride is, and its a list of names
that can be used to install packages under. I checked
/var/lib/dpkg/statoverride, and it seems as though there is indeed a
name 'root' in there, thus doubling my confusion. My guess is that the
there was once a root group in /etc/group, however it is no longer
there (I checked). Could someone post an /etc/group so I can try to
piece back together my /etc/group? I think this is the core of my
problems.

--

Rick
necro351@gmail.com