Re: adduser kills sound pt. 3

OK, I've figured it out. adduser modifies /etc/group apparently, and
relatively significantly. I was able to fix all my problems by looking
at Octavio's /etc/group, and adding the groups that looked like they
were missing. In the future, I will *not* use adduser, and I would
recommend that Debian have this application not be in the default path
or some substitute that issues a warning. Regardless, I have placed
/etc/ under source control using mercurial so that I can roll back
files and compare differences after utilities go in and modify things.
Thanks Octavio!

On 7/26/07, Rick Spillane <necro351@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, this is really helpful!

--