Re: Installing OOo 2.2.1 from backports on Stable

On 07/24/2007 04:50 AM, Mark Grieveson wrote:
>On 07/24/2007 12:20 AM, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > When I try to install with "aptitude -t etch-backports
> > install openoffice.org", aptitude proposes an interesting
> > solution. From what I see, I don't think I should accept it.
>
> It looks fine to me; so, I would just accept it.  It just seems
> to be upgrading openoffice.org, as opposed to wanting to do
> something drastic, like remove your xserver, or something.  I
> upgraded openoffice.org using backports, and it works fine.

What concerns me are the two following sections. Note, I still
have a lot to learn about Debian, therefore some of my concern is
me being cautious so as not to break anything.

> > The following packages are BROKEN:
> >   openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-common
> >   openoffice.org-core openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-evolution
> >   openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-gtk openoffice.org-impress
> >   openoffice.org-java-common openoffice.org-math
> >   openoffice.org-writer
> >   python-uno

Now I suppose that is understandable because those are all
affected by openoffice.org. But I was not expecting to see them
reported as BROKEN.

AND:
> > The following packages have been kept back:
> >   kdelibs-data kdelibs4c2a kdemultimedia-kio-plugins ktuberling
> >   libarts1-akode libfinance-quote-perl libkcddb1 libkdegames1
> >   libmysqlclient15off libpisock9 libpisync0 linux-image-2.6-486
> >   mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common mysql-server-5.0
> > openoffice.org-help-en-us ttf-opensymbol tuxpaint tuxpaint-config
> > tuxpaint-data vim-common vim-full vim-gui-common vim-runtime vim-tiny

Why does Aptitude think these packages could be updated? As I
stated in my original message, it is completely up-to-date before
I try installing OOo 2.2.1.

I guess I will give it a shot over the weekend when I have time
to fix any breakage.

--
Glen