Re: XKB broken

Celejar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On my uptodate Sid system, XKB has suddenly broken.  None of my XKB
> settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf are active, /var/log/xorg.0.log contains
> the line "(WW) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB
> keymap" and setxkbmap (even without any options or flags) invariably
> returns "Error loading new keyboard description".  Anyone (Florian?)
> seen this or know what I'm supposed to do? I don't recall touching any
> Xorg settings or installing any Xorg stuff recently, but I may be
> forgetting something.
>
> Celejar
> --
> mailmin.sourceforge.net - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email
> ssuds.sourceforge.net - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator
Hi Celejar,
I don't know if this is your problem but in the upgrade from
xserver-xorg-input-keyboard 1.1 to 1.2 the name of the keyboard driver
changed. In xorg.conf you need to change the driver name from "keyboard"
to "kbd" in the Input Devices section relating to the keyboard.
This may or may not be the cause of your problem.
Cheers,
Jonathan