Re: NTLM APS not working after upgrade of Testing

* David Watson <david@planetwatson.co.uk> 2007-07-18
> Masatran, R. Deepak wrote:
> > * Kumar Appaiah <akumar@iitm.ac.in> 2007-07-17

> >> Also, do check whether the server.cfg has not been replaced. There's a
> >> high chance that this has happened, and in that case, the port would
> >> have gone to 5865 (and you have to re-enter the username and password
> >> as well).
> >
> > Replacing server.cfg with a backup copy solved the problem.
> >
> > Mr. David Watson: Could you make the package ask the user before replacing
> > the configuration file? Thanks!
> >

> If you still have the broken server.cfg could you check what was
> different.  I'd like to find out if it was only one config value that
> changed or if you were somehow given a default server.cfg.
>
> The package install scripts for ntlmaps read your current configuration
> and store values in debconf, so if there is a difference one of the
> values may not be getting stored properly.

I don't have the broken server.cfg now, but one difference that I noted: The
broken file had "http://"; in front of the domain name of PARENT_PROXY.

--
Masatran, R. Deepak <http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/>