Re: Mysql clustering

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 02:51:01PM +1000, Will Parkinson wrote:
>    Cluster Configuration
>    ---------------------
>    [ndbd(NDB)]     2 node(s)
>    id=2    @202.***.**.01  (Version: 5.0.32, starting, Nodegroup: 0)
>    id=3    @202.***.**.02  (Version: 5.0.38, starting, Nodegroup: 0)

The above shows that your data nodes have not yet started, so
nothing else is going to work.

>    [ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 1 node(s)
>    id=1   (Version: 5.0.32)
>    [mysqld(API)]   2 node(s)
>    id=4 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)
>    id=5 (not connected, accepting connect from any host)

The API servers (mysqld) won't connect until the data nodes have
formed a cluster.

>    I installed all mysql servers using apt-get install mysql-server
>    Does anybody know how to get the mysql api nodes to connect
>    correctly?

You'll need to work out why your data nodes have not finished
starting yet.  Did you remember to start them with the --init
paramter the first time?

FWIW I have found MySQL Cluster to be extremely unstable and not yet
suitable for production use.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB