Re: Meta-R key doesn't exist

> Chances are, that you also don't have a right "Alt" key on your keyboard, but one
> labeled "Alt Gr" instead, that is intended for entering non-ascii characters (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key). If you don't need any of these (I am not
> familiar with the Spanish keyboard layout, but I assume there are some accented
> keys on it), you can simple redefine the AltGr key as Meta_R in your X server's
> keyboard layout (If you have a newer 105-keys, you can also use on of those "Menu"
> or "Windows" keys)

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, the key has Alt_Gr printed on it. I assumed that the Alt_Gr key should work as an Alt key in
conjuction with non-symbol keys (Alt_Gr-x etc.). Thanks to your link now I know that it has
nothing in common with the other Alt keys. I redefined it using xmodmap, I simply wanted to know
if something was wrong with the Debian keymap. Now I understand the issue.

> ? Emacs shouldn't care about which Alt key you use

The problem is that, to type Meta-x, Meta-v, etc. with the keymap provided by Debian, I have to
use the left Alt key. Thus, I have to press 2 keys simultaneously with the left hand, that is not
easy nor fast.

Cheers,

Antonio Regidor García

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.