Re: 'file' doesn't recognize my Abiword .ode file

Hi Celejar.

Celejar, 05.07.2007 21:35:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:35:25 +0200
> Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:
>> Celejar, 04.07.2007 02:18:
>>> ??? When I open the Save Dialog and click on the Save File As Type
>>> button, one of the choices in the drop down list is "OpenDocument
>>> (.odt)", and when selected, Abi saves as an .odt file.
>> Now that’s odd. I don’t have that option and never had; using version 2.4.6 from
>> Debian stock. Double-checking … no, nowhere to be found here.
>
> Apparently ODF support is a plugin, distributed in abiword-plugins.

Geez, never knew this package existed. Pulls quite some dependencies but
provides some neat stuff. Thanks.

>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=383409

>>> Not the point; they are seeing .zip while I'm seeing data.  Why?
>> Seems to have been clarified in the mentioned report now.
>
> I don't understand.  All the messages I see in the report indicate that
> file is recognizing the document as a zip archive, just not as an ODF
> document.

Are we talking about the same report? From the report:

> With the attached diff file, file now displays:
>
> $ file -i magic.odt
> magic.odt: application/x-zip application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text

And:

>> The problem is that I don't know it's OK to display two mime types.
>> The file is a real ZIP file and is also an OpenDocument Text file.
>
> no, it should only display one, but i (think) i have already a patch to
> fix that, will be uploaded in the next revision.

I guess Daniel is just busy, you might want to ask for the current status in
this report.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules