Re: 'file' doesn't recognize my Abiword .ode file

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:35:25 +0200
Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:

> Hi Celejar.
>
> Celejar, 04.07.2007 02:18:
> > On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:06:57 +0200
> > Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:
> >> Celejar, 25.06.2007 16:40:
> >> Abiword does not support the ODT format yet. What makes you think that it did
> >> save in this format?
> >
> > ??? When I open the Save Dialog and click on the Save File As Type
> > button, one of the choices in the drop down list is "OpenDocument
> > (.odt)", and when selected, Abi saves as an .odt file.
>
> Now that’s odd. I don’t have that option and never had; using version 2.4.6 from
> Debian stock. Double-checking … no, nowhere to be found here.

Apparently ODF support is a plugin, distributed in abiword-plugins.
>From that package's changelog:

> abiword (1.0.2+cvs.2002.08.10-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * The "Truckin'" release.
>   * New upstream release (CVS).
>   * Added OpenWriter plugin.
>
>  -- Masayuki Hatta <mhatta@debian.org>  Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:37:15 +0900

And from 'dpkg -L abiword-plugins':

> /usr/lib/AbiWord-2.4/plugins/libAbiOpenDocument.so
> /usr/lib/AbiWord-2.4/plugins/libAbiOpenDocument.la
> /usr/lib/AbiWord-2.4/plugins/libAbiOpenWriter.so
> /usr/lib/AbiWord-2.4/plugins/libAbiOpenWriter.la

> >> Yeah, that’s what OpenDocuments are after all.
> >
> > Not the point; they are seeing .zip while I'm seeing data.  Why?
>
> Seems to have been clarified in the mentioned report now.

I don't understand.  All the messages I see in the report indicate that
file is recognizing the document as a zip archive, just not as an ODF
document.

> Regards, Mathias

Celejar