Re: 'file' doesn't recognize my Abiword .ode file

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:20:19 +0200
Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:

> Hi Celejar.
>
> Celejar, 05.07.2007 21:35:
> > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:35:25 +0200
> > Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:
> >> Celejar, 04.07.2007 02:18:

[snip]

> >> Seems to have been clarified in the mentioned report now.
> >
> > I don't understand.  All the messages I see in the report indicate that
> > file is recognizing the document as a zip archive, just not as an ODF
> > document.
>
> Are we talking about the same report? From the report:
>
> > With the attached diff file, file now displays:
> >
> > $ file -i magic.odt
> > magic.odt: application/x-zip application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
>
> And:
>
> >> The problem is that I don't know it's OK to display two mime types.
> >> The file is a real ZIP file and is also an OpenDocument Text file.
> >
> > no, it should only display one, but i (think) i have already a patch to
> > fix that, will be uploaded in the next revision.
>
> I guess Daniel is just busy, you might want to ask for the current status in
> this report.

We're talking about the same report.  What I meant was that even before
the fixes, the messages in the report indicated that file was reporting
zip, and their problem was that they wanted file to report ODT.  My
problem is that file doesn't even seem to realize that it's looking at
a zip archive.

> Regards, Mathias

Celejar