Re: How to move the master boot record?

Joe Hart <j.hart@orange.nl> writes:

> There are more than one way to do this, but this will (should) work:
>
> #grub
> grub>root (hd0,8)
> grub>setup (hd0)
> grub>quit
>
> hd0,8 = /dev/hda9, so you should be alright with those command.  Note that
> the # and the grub> are the prompts.

I tested it and it seems to work fine.  Only, I can't now restore the previous
situation: I do:

 # grub
 grub > root (hd0,5)
 grub > setup (hd0)
 grub > quit

, then reboot but the system can't get into hda6.  It's strange, I find no
reason why it works with hda9 and not with hda6.  Please, any ideas?

Thanks,
Rodolfo